I spent the last 3 weeks at home due to Pneumonia. I was coughing almost day and night. And, it was really inconvenient and got me depressed for a while. I tried going back to work, but, I was required by our clinic physician to finish my medication and to submit a fit-to-work clearance from a Pulmonary doctor. Can you guess what I was doing for the past few weeks at home? NOTHING! I was eating and sleeping everyday. And, honestly, I just got discharged from the hospital a few hours ago due to Costochondritis. The doctor said it's an inflammation in the joints between cartilages. And, it is really painful. I just thank God that it wasn't a gall bladder stone or an inflammation in my liver. I mentioned it because, my previous blood chemistry for GGT, SGPT and SGPOT are very high, and I was previously diagnosed of severe fatty liver. The doctor just gave me pain reliever for the said sickness, and for the fatty liver, she said to me that I have to watch my food intake, in short, to diet and exercise. Which I should have been doing consistently in the past.
Fighting Obesity will change my life. When I tried No-Rice diet last year in May of 2013, from 327 Lbs, I weighed 285Lbs. But, since I stopped doing it for the past 3 months. I am now back to 314 Lbs as of this writing, and I'm only 5'8" tall. It is a shame! I was able to do it before. When I got married back in May of 2008, I was able to get down to 185lbs by eating lots of fruits, and 1-2 hours workout a day. Here are some reason why I want to get committed.
- I am spending around $150 or 6,000 Php for my monthly maintenance medication for my hypertension and fatty liver. I could have saved it for my emergency funds or early retirement.
- Since I am not focused to watch what I'm eating, and I have no exercise at all, I am now gaining more weight. It can kill me either way. I am aware that I can easily die of heart attack or stroke. And, my severe fatty liver diagnosis can eventually go to liver cancer. I am only 32 years old, but, I am getting different kinds of sickness. I still have so many dreams to fulfill. I still want to grow old with my wife! This one really scares me.
- It's really difficult to find something that will fit my body. I don't want to look like a sausage, and at the same time, it's really hard to look for bigger sizes. I have a lot of decent clothing that I can't wear anymore because of obesity.
- If you are fat, people tend to either dislike you for no reason, say something behind your back or simply make fun of you. And, believe me, I have experienced the worst during my days in grade school. Now that I'm a grown up man, people would just stare at you, because, you don't look normal. Some friends will tease or mock you, and remind you how fat you are, thinking that they are somewhat encouraging you to lose weight. As a result, it will just lower down your self esteem, and your desire to lose weight will eventually turn to depression.
I am man enough to accept this challenge. I'll do this not just for myself, but, for my family, for my loving wife. I know that it's not yet too late. Here's what I'll do to Fight Obesity.
- I'll start drinking 1-2 glasses of water everyday I wake up, and during before meals.
- I'll exercise everyday. 10-15 minutes of stretching, and at least, 30 minutes of walking.
- I'll eat more fruits and veggies, less sodium and fat diet.
- I'll do my very best to update this blog at least, once every month for my progress.
- I'll get enough sleep, at least, 8 hours a day.
Are you suffering from Obesity? Feel free to join me in my journey, let's Lose Weight! I am not endorsing any products. This post is more on my personal battle against obesity, the pictures above are not mine. Thanks to whywesuffer.com and to mhadegree.org for the photos! If you have comments or suggestions, feel free to write it below. Thanks for dropping by! :)