I may sound stupid, but, honestly, I wasn't really paying attention about this very important event in the history of the Internet. I have been hearing about SOPA ACT or PROTECT IP BILL, but I didn't know how important it is. In result, I was just ignoring it. After watching some videos about SOPA ACT or PROTECT IP BILL, it just finally sink in. So, I beg you, please, have time to watch "WHAT IS SOPA ACT OR PROTECT IP BILL VIDEO", it might open your eyes why you, I and the rest of the world should fight this non-sense act. If you are an Internet User, if you have a Facebook, Twitter or Youtube account, this is a must read article...
WHAT IS SOPA ACT OR PROTECT IP BILL VIDEO
PROTECT IP BILL, also known as SOPA (which stands for STOP ONLINE PIRACY ACT) is not just something that we should ignore. There are some politicians, corporations and individuals who support this bill, perhaps do not know that it can break the Internet. They are a bunch of stupid and clueless individuals who do not realize that this SOPA ACT or PROTECT IP BILL can backfire to all of Internet Users. This bill is pure non-sense, it's not just about stopping the piracy on the Internet, but, also, we give the government the power to control the Information. As far as I know, no one owns the Internet, and it is created for Users, and it should never be restricted by the Government. Here are some basic things that we should know about SOPA or PROTECT IP BILL:
1. NO MORE UPLOADING STUFFS -If you upload a video of your dog, baby or any individual with a copyright protected music playing on the background, the website where you upload the video can be held liable, and you who uploads it. It gives the government the right to sue corprorations, search engines or individuals. That means NO MORE youtube, twitctv and etc. Think of it, isn't that crazy?
2. NO MORE SHARING OF LINKS -If you share something on Social Networking sites, such as link about tv shows, movies, musics, files that are copyright protected, the government can hunt you down and sue you. It means, you will have to be very careful on what you are posting on your Facebook wall or what you will Tweet on your Twitter account. Remember this, you can now be held liable for whatever you will post on the Internet. There's no more free will, they can now hold us all in their hands. It's just like they want Martial Law on the Internet.
3. NO MORE PARODY, DANCING OR SINGING OF ANY COPYRIGHT WORK -Just imagine, an ordinary Internet user can be imprisoned for five (5) years for posting any copyrighted work. That means, it can stop people from doing parody, making up videos with a copyright protected music playing in the background, or even as simple as singing your favorite pop song, and etc.
4. SHUTDOWN UNAUTHORIZED SITES -It gives the government to block access to infringing domain names. Where we often get fresh and important information not just from websites, but, also from blogs, forums and etc. So, it's not just about stopping piracy, it's actually more on controlling almost everything on the Internet.
5. NO MORE ONLINE EARNINGS FOR BLOGS OR WEBSITES -Just for one single copyright protected file or link on your blogs or websites, they can ask the U.S. advertisers and payment services to cancel your account. So, if you are a blogger or an Internet marketer, this will really hurt us. Eventually, it's not just bloggers or website owners who will suffer from this, it can really bankcrupt even the biggest social networking sites.
HOW TO STOP SOPA ACT OR PROTECT IP BILL
All in all, this is not just to stop piracy. SOPA ACT or PROTECT IP BILL will really break the Internet. Don't these guys even think about the after effects of this bill? Even worse, this actually amounts to a chilling restraint on speech. And, don't you know that when China does this, people called it a "violation of human rights", but, these clever people call it "Protecting IP"... Bravo, these guys are genius! Wanna stop this crazy bill? Are you in the United States, if yes, CLICK ME!
P.S. Get the latest updates from this blog, straight to your email! Subscribe NOW!